The 235-room Crowne Plaza Hobart is located in central Hobart. In close proximity to major government and commercial offices, the hotel is ideally located for business guests. Crowne Plaza Hobart features a range of business and meeting facilities including a ballroom, meeting rooms, boardroom and 24-hour access to business centre services.
With views to the harbour, the mountain or across the city, guest rooms have the latest technology, everything you need is just one touch away. Club Floor guests, located on Levels 10 and 11, can further enhance their experience, with Club Lounge benefits included. Guests can enjoy in-room dining services and work out at the fully-equipped fitness centre 24 hours a day. Crowne Plaza Hobart is the perfect hub for corporate or social events. The ballroom and function rooms are fully equipped with state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. Seven distinctive indoor and outdoor event spaces are available for meetings, events and training.
Crowne Plaza Hobart is the perfect hub for corporate or social events, ideally suited for large residential conferences with 7 distinctive, spacious and naturally lit event spaces available we can accommodate everything from meetings and conferences to gala dinners, weddings cocktails, networking events and training sessions. The function rooms include a ballroom that comfortably fits 42 round tables with a stage and dance floor or 600 people with theatre seating. The hotel also features unique breakout or leisure spaces such as The Deck, core restaurant, the courtyard or the stunning rooftop venue Aura Lounge Bar and Event Space. The Meetings Success Program provides a dedicated Crowne Meetings point of contact and promises a two-hour response for all enquiries
Crowne Plaza Hobart collaborates closely with PW1, our external venue partner, facilitating the smooth hosting of extensive gatherings accommodating up to 1,200 attendees for events or 200 booths. Positioned on the waterfront, PW1 is conveniently located just a brief five-minute stroll from Crowne Plaza Hobart, offering conference guests staying at our hotel a leisurely walk to their offsite activities.
The 235-room Crowne Plaza Hobart opened its doors in 2020. Since then sustainable innovations and initiatives to reduce its footprint while enhancing the guest experience have remained a key priority. The hotel, part of the IHG Hotels & Resorts group, encourages guests and staff alike to participate in its green initiatives:
- LED lighting and bamboo keys have been installed, and bulk amenities are provided by sustainable beauty brand Antipodes in tinted glass bottles to eliminate single-use containers
- 219 solar panels have been installed, reduced energy consumption and carbon emissions. It’s estimated that there will be $30,000 in savings per year and 7% reduction in the annual electricity bill
- 1,356 guests have opted into the “A Greener Stay” initiative, reducing housekeeping expenses and earning 500 IHG One Rewards points per night
- Crowne Plaza Hobart has saved 344,049 individual containers by implementing plastic-free amenities
- The hotel has accomplished several sustainability targets, including a saving of 66.5 tons of CO2 emissions since installing solar panels.
Crowne Plaza are thrilled to announce that they have achieved outstanding recognition at the Tasmanian Hospitality Awards for Execellence:
2023 Gold Winner
– Excellence in Innovation, Sustainability & Energy Efficiency Practices
– Best Meetings and Events
2023 Silver Winner
– Disability & Inclusion Access Award (Accommodation Venue)
– Outstanding Achievement in Training
– Hospo Health Business of the Year 2022-2023
2022 Gold Winner
* Outstanding Achievement in Training and Workforce Development
* Best Meeting and Events Venue
2022 Silver Winner
* Best Accessible Accommodation
2022 Bronze Winner
*Best Marketed Establishment
Bronze in the Business Event Venues Category in the Tasmanian Tourism Awards 2022
Booking.com Traveller Review Awards 2022 and 2021, where we achieved an impressive score of 8.9 both years
See Capacity ChartToggleSee Capacity Chart
|Rooms||Dimensions [M]||Floor Area||Ceiling Height||Theatre pax||Banquet pax||Classroom pax||Cabaret pax||Cocktail pax||U-Shape pax||Boardroom pax||Plenary pax||Dinner pax|
|Centurion Ballroom||38 x 17||600||3.5||600||420||282||336||550||168||-||-||-|
|Centurion 1||16 x 17||230||3.5||200||130||81||104||150||42||51||-||-|
|Centurion 2||9 x 17||150||3.5||100||80||54||64||100||28||42||-||-|
|Centurion 3||13 x 17||220||3.5||260||120||68||96||150||50||66||-||-|
|Courtyard||25 x 12||300||-||-||120||-||96||250||-||-||-||-|
|Level 4 Pre-Function||-||-||2.5||-||-||-||-||150||-||-||-||-|
|core restaurant and bar||15 x 41||615||-||-||120||-||-||250||-||-||-||-|
|THE DECK||7 x 45||315||-||-||108||-||-||250||-||-||-||-|
|Huon Ballroom||7.8 x 4.9||38.2||2.5||21||20||9||16||20||9||14||-||-|
|Pandani||8.1 x 8.4||68.04||2.5||50||40||24||32||50||16||24||-||-|
|AURA Events Space||16x12.8||221||2.9||120||120||60||90||150||27||36||-||-|
See Trade CapacityToggleSee Trade Capacity
|Trade booths [PW1]||200|
Eat & Drink
A welcome function or a gala dinner is perfectly suited to Aura Events Space with panoramic views across the city, harbour and up to Mt Wellington. Guests will also be able to enjoy the hotel’s modern Tasmanian dining at core restaurant and bar or relax and unwind with friends on The Deck perched over Liverpool Street and experience the stunning views of Hobart.
Crowne Plaza Hobart can provide offsite catering solutions to your event, from small meeting catering to a large cocktail reception or plated dinner occasion we are able to work collaboratively with your venue of choice to bring you the best of event dining using Tasmanian produce and our dedicated team of chefs. Please contact them for more information.
CROWNE PLAZA CLUB LOUNGE
Elevate your stay with the ultimate luxury experience at Crowne Plaza Club Lounge, now located on level 12, boasting unparalleled views across Hobart and exceptional service to cater to your every need.
- Crowne Plaza Club Lounge access with any Club Room booking, or for a small fee of $110 per room, per night for up to 2 adults if not staying in Club rooms
- Pre-arrival communication to ensure a seamless stay and help plan your trip
- Personalised arrival gift to welcome you to your room
- Check-out in the exclusive Crowne Plaza Club Lounge
- Start your day with a delicious breakfast buffet featuring homemade muesli, granola, freshly baked bread and pastries, and hot specialty items made from the freshest local produce
- Indulge in our Canapés and Drinks service, offering a selection of local and interstate beer and wine, with canapés crafted by our Core restaurant chefs
- Conduct your business in style with access to the Club Meeting room, offering 2 hours of complimentary access for up to 8 guests, with additional hours available for a fee of $55 per hour (booking required, subject to availability)
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to enjoy the Crowne Plaza Club Lounge experience at Crowne Plaza Hobart. And if you want to host additional guests, no problem at all. Simply let us know, and we will do our best to accommodate your requests, subject to availability. Guests are welcome to join you for breakfast for $26 per person, and canapés for $55 per person.
SPARKLING HIGH TEA
Indulge in a decadent SPARKLING HIGHT TEA at AURA Lounge Bar, located in Level 12 of Crowne Plaza Hobart. With breathtaking views of the city’s skyline, mountain and harbour. AURA is the perfect setting for a classy and intimate experience.
Upon arrival, enjoy a glass of Tasmanian sparkling before delving into their exquisite handmade delicacies. Each delicacy has been carefully crafted by our on-site pastry chefs, using only the finest ingredients. Their high tea experience also includes a selection of premium teas and barista coffee, making it the perfect afternoon indulgence.
Join them every Saturday at 12:00pm for this unforgettable experience. Tickets are priced at $69 per adult. If you’re looking for a unique and memorable gift, they also offer Gift Vouchers.
To book your table or for more information, please contact them at 6213 4235.